Now operated by AssistKD.
This course prepares candidates to sit the examination for the BCS Certificate in Data Management Essentials.
Who should attend:
This course is aimed at all staff who wish to gain the ISEB Certificate in Data Management Essentials.
- Data Management practitioners
- IT/IS managers
- Business managers
There are no prerequisites for this course but it is expected that participants will be active in data management.
What you will learn:
Holders of the ISEB Certificate in Data Management Essentials should be able to:
- act as a member of a Data Management team within an organisation
- implement an industry standard 'best practice' approach to their Data Management work
- understand the roles and skills required in database administration, data administration and repository administration
- contribute to Technology Direction Evaluation
- aid in the construction of a Data Charter
- practise basic data administration, database administration and repository administration skills
- develop procedures for managing an organisation's corporate data resource
What you will cover:
- Data and the enterprise
- What is data management?
- Basic data modelling, including an introduction to normalisation
- Corporate data modelling
- Data definition and naming
- Data quality
- Database administration
- Repository administration
- The management of data management
- Industry trends and their effect on data management
- Current data management themes
How you will learn:
The course comprises short and focused lecture sessions with exercises to practise appropriate techniques. Discussion of the problems and issues experienced by attendees will be encouraged.
The course will finish with a one hour examination. Candidates who are awarded a pass for the examination are awarded the BCS Certificate in Data Management Essentials.